Thursday, November 14, 2019

Contextual Studies - American new wave film

EVALUATION -



The overall film doesn't scream new wave however taking inspiration from pulp fiction I wanted the audience to follow a story in chapters however the overall story doesn't have a strong narrative due to the time limit.
In this video the aim was to show a new wave film within 2 minutes. I chose to base my film around a normal day for myself when I am not at college or work, the reason for this was the fact that I had access to locations I could film easily in, I also based my video around a specific moment from pulp fiction, the car scene, with the unscripted dialogue and the long takes and jump cuts seen in new wave film.
Overall I'm not very pleased with my Film I believe the footage I shot could have been better and the narrative structure could have been better, as well as having more examples of typical new wave ideologies and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment