Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Contextual Studies - American new wave essay, evaluation

Once I gathered all of my contextual research on the American new wave, I decided to write a 2000 word essay about three of the most famous new wave films "Bonnie and Clyde", "The Godfather" and "Easy Rider" and how the new wave bought to light freedom, and the price of it and also how the cinema broke conventions of the classical cinema movement that came before.
I originally wanted to do a video essay demonstrating the same point but when writing the script felt like it was too much like an essay so decided to change to an essay, during the writing of the essay I struggled to get some point across originally feeling like I was rambling on about the same point, yet sorted this out in the final thing.
I feel like the structure of my essay pieced together smoothly as it talked about what the American new wave is, why it started and then went on to speak about my three chosen texts. To improve my essay I feel as I could have added more references from a wider range of sources, and analysed the scenes to a higher degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment