Monday, February 3, 2020

Music Video - Research - Survey and Focus group

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LH98TJG



RESULTS ...









.

EVALUATION OF SURVEY
looking back on the survey the results I got show a clear trend upon what people like to see with a music video, in hindsight with an idea in mind for a music video of my own I could have made the question more subject specific aiming the questions to produce a response towards the ideas of my video rather than the subject as a whole, however saying that the data that I have received was helpful in deciding what sort of video people respond to and what they like. to see. all in all the survey was helpful.
by using a mixture of qualttative and quantitative data it was easier to to get a general response for what people like and expect to see in a music video, making it easy to analyse yet with the quantitive data it would have been better to show it as a word cloud or something where similar responses were paid together instead of as a list. the sample size was large as I sent it out to multiple friends across different platforms yet only got 40 responses, I think limiting it to 20 would have been substantial.
using open ended questions helped to see what people wanted more clearly yet made it harder to analyse as I had multiple responses from 1 person, limiting it to 1 response would have again made it easier to analyse.
the target audience for the survey was my target audience for the video yet a few others liked other music as well, with made results different.
FOCUS GROUP
alongside the survey we also did a Focus group between our peers on the course, my original idea of doing a narrative video looking at relationships to Halestorm's I Miss The Misery wasn't the best idea of video if I was to do it I would have to have looked at contrasting themes etc and the group decided I should take an easier course and do something simple yet effective, that is when we came up with the idea for my current music video doing a pop punk song and having people acting like idiots.
all in all the focus group was really useful in helping come up with an idea that would work and wast too demanding of time or expenses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment